Grease traps are designed to stop fats, oils and grease (FOG) from entering the sewer lines
Regular cleaning and inspection will:
- Prolong the life of your grease trap
- Prevent escape of FOG into sewer lines which causes bad odours and blocked drains In general grease traps should be cleaned and inspected every 6 months but if your premises are busy, they may need cleaning more often.
What’s involved in a grease trap clean & inspection?
- We’ll empty the grease trap and dispose of the waste according to local regulations
- We’ll check the timers, elements, grease bottles and any moving parts such as wipers to make sure they are all in tip-top condition As service agents for grease trap manufacturers we we can identify any issues, service & repair and clean them all in one go as required. Our staff are licensed, and we offer a 24/7 call out service should you need it.
Below are some resources for grease trap maintenance
- Train your staff to properly dispose of food solids into rubbish bin
- Don’t use solvents or other chemicals to clean your grease trap